Diagnosis 2

The weekend was spent with friends and family visiting at the hospital. We were all in pretty good spirits and still pretty hopeful that I might be home by the end of the week. The bleeding had stopped Thursday, I hadn't experienced any contractions and Jack was looking great every time they monitored him.

Monday morning we were taken down to meet with the specialist again who did another ultrasound to see how things looked. This is when our diagnosis officially became vasa previa, meaning that some of the blood vessels have moved out of the placenta and are dangerously close to my cervix. We were also informed that I would be spending the remainder of my pregnancy in the hospital.

We met with my doctor that evening who confirmed what the specialist said. We learned that vasa previa is very rare and can be very fatal if it's not diagnosed prenatally. Essentially, we're extremely lucky that I had a bleeding episode. We also learned that I will definitely be having a c-section and were given a goal of making it to 37 weeks.

We were still set to meet with the second specialist Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One day at a time

One more thing

27 weeks & the continued fluid saga